Monday, July 7, 2008

Almost Home

It's 9:30 PM and we are nearing home. After 17 days, 7 states and 3,340 miles we are almost finished with this amazing adventure.

We left Coeur d'Alene at 8 AM and went into Spokane to continue looking for a scissor lift for the company. Gary spent quite a bit of time going from place to place trying to find one, while Taryn and I enjoyed listening to a few James MacDonald messages on Walk in the Word. If you have never heard him teach the Word we would both highly recommend you do. http://www.walkintheword.com/

We were just on the road again when Taryn came down with another severe headache. No reason this time, but she went down flat. I gave her two Tylenol and told her to sleep if at all possible, but the pain was too great. I watched her for quite a while. Just when she would about be asleep a throb of pain in her head would come that I could physically see happen. Hard to watch her hurt so badly.

Our plan was to stop in Moses Lake and go to the water park there for a final fun stop, but that never happened. Instead we stopped at a park by the lake and sat there for four hours just trying to get her to a place where she could travel again. We finally got her to sleep for two hours and then slowly got back on the road.

It took till Seattle for her to start feeling better. So glad she is. We spent the last few hours of the drive watching episodes of I Love Lucy together. (Europe season 5 rocks!)

We are now on the Guide and just a few short minutes from home, I'm sure Wilson will be glad to see us. He gets so grumpy when we travel for more than a few days. Taryn had hoped to go to Emma tonite but that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Thankful is what I am feeling as we near home. I'm thankful for this trip - for my husband - for my children - for memories - for safety - for adventure - for creation - for America - oh, I could just go on and on. I am blessed. We are blessed. It's been an amazing ride. And hey, I even finished my blog this trip!

1 comment:

other account said...

So glad you made it back safe. Thanks for bloggin' and thanks for the great trip! Love, ross, taya, and isaiah