Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Gotcha Taryn!

Thot I'd share (with permission) one humorous story from our Savannah day. One place Gary wanted us to see was the old cemetery in one of the Savannah squares. It is actually right next to their dueling field - for convenience we were told.

We ended up tramping thru the cemetery at the most insanely hot and humid time of day. It was not very pleasant. To top it off we had to walk off the path in some longer grasses.

My concern was about ticks. At our "resort" they had posted some precautions. It said to avoid grasses like that, and to be sure to check yourself if you did walk thru some. As we returned to the path I was telling Taryn about this.

Gary came up and joined the conversation. I told him that ticks can hide in men's leg hair. Then I said to Taryn "and on women they like to hide in their arm pits". She screamed and in a second her arm shot up in the air as she tried to check for ticks. She then came running to me with her pit in the air desperately asking "Do you see any on me??" I burst out laughing and told her I was just kidding.

It took a minute for that to sink in but then she had to laugh and admit that was a good one and she had fallen for it bad. Later she said "go ahead and put it on the blog Mom. It was kinda funny". So I thot since she gave permission I would. We needed some humor in that humidity. She's a good sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey littlemisstaryn
if the cards were turned and your mom was in a moth infested building and you told your mom there was a moth inside her jacket who do you think would be running&screaming????
missyataryn-auntiekay