Monday, March 16, 2009

Cindy and Salt Water

I love the ocean.

I'll do anything to get near the ocean anytime I possibly can.

I love walking barefoot on the beach. I love to watch waves. I love the sounds of the ocean. I love finding shells. I love an ocean sunset.

I really love the ocean.

But I really don't like to be "in" the ocean so much.

Salt water in my mouth is just disgusting. It makes me gag. Salt water kinda feels dirty too. And it always feels so cold. I don't like being cold.

I don't like what I step on when I'm in the ocean. I don't like unknown things touching my feet. And I don't like weeds and stuff. I don't like what's lurking in the water that I can't see. Too much unknown.

Sand kinda bugs me too. It gets everywhere...in your clothes, in your swimsuit, in your towel, in your book and your diet coke... and that feels so dirty.

It's so hard to clean out of everything. Everything you bring to the beach needs to be de-sanded, and all the clothes and towels need to be washed.

I'm just not really an "in the ocean" girl.

I'm more like a chlorine pool girl. It's warm. It's clean. I can see everything, and everything stays clean.

And if the pool is near the ocean...that's really, really sweet.

Cause I love the ocean!

No comments: