Monday, March 16, 2009

Fish Tacos

I have this thing about fish tacos - I crave them when I'm in Maui! So I made it my mission to find the best fish taco on Maui.

Every place we ate I ordered fish tacos. At first Taryn thot I was crazy, but even she had to admit how good they are.

(mom has a crazy obsession with fish tacos!!! ~tk)

So here's my list:

First Place Favorite Fish Taco - Moose McGillycuddy's (it's kind of a grubby place to eat but the fish taco was amazing)

Second Place - Lu Lu's Surf Club & Grill (quite spicy and the Ahi was a bit rare for me but really good)

Third Place & Fourth Place - Maui Taco (this was Gary's favorite and I believe this was the first time he has ever actually ordered one for himself...he usually tries mine) and Cilantro's. I really thot these two were very similar restaurants and tacos. I can't personally say one was better than the other.

Last Place - Cool Cats (bad, bad fish tacos) They apparently didn't clean the grill and my fish tasted like burger. Nasty!

I really wanted to go back to Fred's Mexican Cafe in Kihei for fish taco's. Those were my favorite last year, but we never really spent much time in that part of Maui.

Where do you go for good fish taco's mainland??

1 comment:

Ross and Taya said...

Re: where do you go for fish tacos on the mainland?

Answer: Blue Coast Burrito (or BCB as the locals call it)