Friday, June 20, 2008

On the Road...Again!

Hey, guess what? I'm back on this blog...and we're back on the road in our bbow! How cool is that?? Yes, I know it's now 2008 and I never finished posting the last 10 days of our amazing US tour last year. There was a reason - I regrettably got quite sick and actually needed medical attention by the time we arrived home. It's a long, stupid story but all my energy had to go into making it thru the day and being strong enough to complete the trip.

Here's a quick synopsis: We saw the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, ate pancakes at the KOA in Rapid City made by the same cowboy who made them for us back in '92, visited the Wild Bill Cody museum in, you guessed it, Cody Wyoming, had an amazing two days in Yellowstone, and enjoyed a wonderful rest day in Idaho before heading North into Canada and making our way back to Lynden. What a trip.

We got back very late on July 27 and parked in the driveway of my brother Ryan's home so that when his three boys woke up we were there! They had no idea and it was great fun to see their faces. Everyone who could showed up for breakfast and we had a wonderful reunion with them all. This was cut a bit short by my need to see a doctor.

Anyway, now it's 2008 and we're back on the road on another great adventure. So where are we heading this time?? You'll have to read the next post to find out. How's that for a cliff hanger?? Not so much. I know, I'm a bit rusty at this but anxious to share the ride.

Let me know if you're out there reading this!

No comments: