Friday, June 20, 2008

Twenty Minutes Early...Or Fourty Minutes Late

OK, this happens every time we leave on a trip. You know, the "when do we plan to leave" conversation. I specifically asked this question and the answer was "12 noon". Now I interpreted that to mean "12 noon".

I will admit to being an aggressive obsessive-compulsive procrastinating over-packer. What can I say, I like my options...and perhaps I ponder them a bit too much. In fact this may explain the size of our bbow.

All I can say is next time I'm getting our departure time in writing, because I was especially proud to be leaving our driveway at 11:40. Yeah me! Oh...but no. We had just left when my dear husband lamented we were 40 minutes late. Say what??? Apparently, 12 noon in "Honcoop" time meant we were actually shooting for 11 AM. I was never given that important piece of information.

This just proves how depressing being on time can be.

5 comments:

Ross and Taya said...

Just to let you know Dad told me that you were planning on leaving at noon too. =)

T182 said...

I thought Honcoop time would be like "Say we'll leave at 12 noon and hope everyone is ready to leave at 1 pm"?

So what was wrong with Gary's pickup?

TL

Cindy said...

The waterline to the EGR cooler was leaking and I have no clue what I just wrote.

T182 said...

Exhaust Gas Recirculation, silly! What really was wrong was the blue oval on the grill. =)

Cindy said...

touche'